Monday, October 27, 2008

Long Run #4

This weekend was a really busy one between soccer tournaments, a birthday party, and visiting family so I really only had one option for my long run: Saturday Afternoon.

That's normally fine with me but I didn't exactly hydrate very well on Friday night after sitting up till 11PM and catching up with my father over a bottle of wine. It was a fun night, but I was definitely suffering for it on Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, the plan was to do 21.6 which quickly became impossible since I didn't have the time. I decided while on the run to cut it down to 18 - 19 miles. All was going well until about 1:45 into the run when cramps started hitting my legs hard. I had no salt with me to fix the issue so I had to simply deal.

Well I didn't deal very well as I managed to continue "running" only to 2:20. After that it became a death march of short runs followed by long walks and cutting the route as much as possible to simply get home.

Total time on the road was 3 hours, but I can really only count the first 2:20 as a run. Not exactly the confidence builder I was looking for.

My Achilles was sore also. Probably a result of the dehydration.

No comments: