Friday, July 15, 2011

Five Miles

Wooo, yesterday's run was pushing it a bit at 5 miles.

Once again I ran a mix of roads and power-line trail, though this time the power line section was maybe 3/4 of a mile. That was long enough to pick up a tick, though, as the access road was not completed all the way through and required some bush whacking.

The road section was flat except for one loooooong hill. The hill came between 3 and 4 miles and that's about where I started thinking 5 miles was a bit long for me at this stage.

I'm 169lbs at the moment which is great, and I think this ultimately is what made running 5 miles possible. If I was still the 196lbs I was back in January, there'd be no chance.

Today's a rest day since I have to work in Somerville, but I'll be out again tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

No comments: