Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Short Run

During lunch break today I got out the door for a short run. Since we've just moved and I don't know any of the loops yet, I really didn't know how long the run would be or what the roads/trail would be like.

It didn't end up being very long -- just 2.6 miles -- but it was all uphill on the way out via a combo of roads and newly cleared and graded power line access ways. The return trip was all road and wound through a sleepy neighborhood past a friend's home. As luck would have it, they were in their yard relaxing so I stopped for a few minutes to chat and catch up.

The power line section was actually quite nice. It looks like it goes a long way and the utility company is busy clearing more brush and improving the access roads. I can see it getting fairly sloppy in the rain, but the gravel footing is otherwise very good.

No comments: